Slideshow

1.20.2011

Jan. 20

mmm.... banana pudding! I have to admit it... I'm 35 years old and I've never made banana pudding before.  Nope.  Never.  But this... mmm... it was so good.  I came across THIS recipe while browsing around pinterest one day and it just looked so yummy and seemed really simple to make.  Since we were having a good friend over for dinner tonight, I figured it'd be perfect for dessert and went to the store to pick up all the necessities.  I will freely admit that I didn't follow the recipe word for word.  I, obviously, didn't put my banana pudding in individual bowls... I layered it all up in a big pyrex container.  I also didn't adhere to the 36 vanilla wafers that the recipe calls for.... I just layered until I thought it looked nice (the cookie layers that you can't see aren't spaced out like those on top).  I also didn't use Cool-Whip... I made my own whipped cream (and boy was it delish).  So, there you have it.... my first try at banana pudding.  And it was such a success!  I'll definitely be making this again soon.  Especially since it doesn't stick around the house for very long.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment